Monday 12 January 2015

Turn Your New Years Goals into Results

Hey Ladies,


  I wanted to share this post with you as I find it so important, I want you to turn your New Years Goals into results!!  

 We start the year off with New Years Goals and a few days or months later the motivation has disappeared.  Has this happened to you? This is so common but there is a pattern, there is a reason that people are loosing their motivation and desire for that end result.

 Think back to when you set your goal, what you were thinking when you set that goal?   You wanted to change something in your life, feel a new you.   Are you a person that sets a goal which is actually a hope, a wish for the year or are you a person who is going to succeed to make that change your reality.

  To see results you need to see progress on your journey, this makes you feel motivated each day.

  Without progress we aren't moving forward.


To Get the Results You Want

1.  So first things first to succeed you need .... a Vision!!!  

 You need to think about what you want to create not what you want to stop or do.  You want something that pulls you to work at the goal not that you have to push yourself to do.  You need something that you desire, something that excites you and that you can't stop thinking about.

 For Example...  You want to loose weight.  So now you need to add the vision.  You want to feel amazing, feel happy when you look in the mirror.  You want to have gained more confidence in yourself so you step outside of your comfort zone to achieve other dreams.  As you can see I have added a vision, more how I will feel, what other changes will happen if I loose weight, loosing weight on its own isn't enough.

 When you have strong enough reasons to succeed the goal becomes much more emotionally important to you.  Everyone goes through hard times and you need something to push you to keep going instead of just giving up.   When you keep imagining what you want, you think about it all time as you know a reason why its so important to happen in your life.

For example... whose lives will it change if you succeed with your goal?


                                               

2. You need to set high standards for yourself

  Before you get your Goal,  you have to higher your standards first as that will get you acting in the way you wish to continue even when you have reached your goal.  You have to act consistently with how you define yourself, how do you want to see yourself? What standards need to change to reach your goal?

 You have to make the decision to make it a must not a should.  If you set your standards higher you find a way to accomplish your goal.   It may be hard to believe you will achieve at first but you have to change your mindset.  Unfortunately at a young age or because of what we are told we believe some things can't be achieved.  But you have to re-condition your mind to believe you can.

  For example ....  When I started working online I had no confidence in myself, asked myself what I was doing but I knew that to achieve my goal, my dreams I had to change my mindset to believe I could achieve. To do this I had to step outside of my comfort zone of standards and raise them.  I made the decision that I didn't have to hide my life and struggles with friends as my story may change people lives in the future.  I felt so much better and felt I can achieve anything and no one will stop me.



3. You need to set Daily Actions which keeps the standards and your goals real

Success and failure are so similar, they are from all the little steps we take daily its not a overnight event.  If you are trying to loose weight you are not going to loose weight in a week, its about all the little things you do on a daily basis. To keep your relationship great, it takes all the little steps you do daily.  Since my grandparents were young my Grandad has always brought my Grandma a cup of tea in bed in the morning without fail.  Its now normal to him, it doesn't take effort and it makes my Grandma happy which makes my Grandad happy too.



                                                         

Task to Help you....

1. Choose a goal you have set, which part of your life does it belong too, Health? Relationship? Financial? Career?  Write down what its currently like.
2. Write down your current Daily Actions for that area of your life, if you are not sure ask someone who would know.
3. Write down what you want your result to look like, your vision and why you want the change.
4. What are the  Daily Actions that will get you there? Pick 2-3 daily to start with.


                Hope this helps you Turn Your Goals into Reality

                                                            Victoria x






3 comments:

  1. I really agree with this. I used to doubt myself a lot in the past. But I just write down my dreams and goals. One by one, they are being ticked and I started to become confident of myself.

    ReplyDelete