Thursday 11 September 2014

What have I learned being a Mumpreneur so far?

I have been a Mumpreneur for 14 Months now which has flown by!  I will tell you about what companies I have been part of and also what I have learned this last year and a bit from them.

What Companies have I been part of this last year?

 14 Months ago I made the decision I wanted to start working online, as I loved blogging I wanted to earn an income through it.  I googled, looked for videos on you tube and came across a mum of twins from Australia who was working with a company called Empower Network.  I did some research and naive at the time thought I would easily make some money, it looked easy enough.  With this company you paid a monthly subscription for trainings, I didn't pay too much, I wasn't that stupid.  I have to admit I didn't learn much in that company, I had not a clue what I was doing, I needed support and easier training.

 I came across a American Beauty Called Ashley who was an affiliate marketer just like I was trying to be however with a different company called  'The Internet Lifestyle Network'  the online training here teaches people with no experience how to be an entrepreneur.  Also how to market any business online.  Ashley was seeing success and seemed someone I would get on with.  This company is monthly subscription also.

 I gained so much confidence as I completely stepped outside of my comfort zone with sharing my life on social media, creating videos to put on you tube plus being a team leader.  I also did this around 3 Young Children, I worked around them in the day plus all night, maybe staying up until 1.30 am,( because I wanted too).  I have to admit it was frustrating as I know how much I could give to the business, to our future but my Children were number 1 so had to find the right balance.

When I go Pregnant with Baby number 4, I had to re evaluate my business and my routine.  I decided that carrying on the ILN business was not possible with 4 young Children, even being pregnant with 3 Children.  Reasons being I had to sleep more, my health is so important.  I also realised how much my business took over my life, even time with the Children.  Thinking back I wanted time out, to be Victoria not Mummy.  With the business you can make a lot of money and I feel you need to be around all day/night and that just is not possible.  I felt that My other half Phil could solely run the business and I was to concentrate on the Children which mums know is a full time job in itself.

 When I was about 18 weeks Pregnant past the yucky pregnancy stage Something was niggling me,  I missed running a business, feeling the excitement of making my own money again, most importantly having that Independence I love.  I remember sitting down thinking what I could do around 4 Children, still be a stay at home mum but not feel I had to be running a business all day and night.

 Younique popped into my head, infact I had turned down an invite to find out more a few weeks prior but something had changed.  Ashley my ILN Sponsor was doing brilliantly in Younique and as the company is launching October 1st I thought I had enough time to plan my business and share the opportunity with UK Girls!

What have I learned?

I believe you learn something from every experience how small it may be.  So with the first Company I learned not to be so naive, one person's success doesn't mean I will be.  I have to admit I didn't learn anything from the training but its not to say another person didn't,  Part of the problem was I didn't have time to listen to audios. I needed to know how to market step by step.

With The Internet Lifestyle Network I feel I have learned so much, I have changed so much as a person and I know my confidence and pride in myself has risen.  I have gone from shy entrepreneur wannabee to an actual Entrepreneur running my own business from home.

I have learned to change my mindset completely around, this is not easy to do as we are brought up to think in a certain way.  I made the decision with myself I was going to be successful and we did well,being on the leaderboards for a while, getting recognised by the company owners for our hard work.

I have learned to build relationships with people from all over the world, mainly in America.  I chat to some lovely people regularly and have lots in common.  Before I worked online I wouldn't have dreamed of saying I have friends from all over the world.  Your outlook on the world really changes.

I have learned how to market which is crucial to any business, so for instance I know how I will market Younique as I already been trained in ILN.  Yes there are some things I will learn as I go along but I know a great amount already therefore I can help my team to market correctly.

Most importantly I have realised what my goals are, what I want to achieve, I have learned to dream big and know that I am capable.

No comments:

Post a Comment